When it comes to adding more veggies into our meals, the humble pumpkin is our ultimate secret ingredient.
It’s a satisfying starch, bursting with a subtle sweetness that can masterfully pull together almost any creation you can think of - pizza bases, crackers, scones, muffins & more!
We’ve paired our pumpkin with Australian Hemp, rosemary, thyme & a hit of Himalayan salt to create Blend that will boost the flavour and aroma profile of any dish you use it in.
We’re calling it: this Blend will be your new staple ‘ingredient’ that you can’t get enough of.
GST Free product
FOCACCIA / PIZZA BASE
1 large and small mixing bowl, measuring spoons, whisk, baking tray, baking paper, pastry brush
DOUGH: 100g Better Being Blend, 100g Plain Flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 – 1 ½ cups sparkling water, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp maple syrup
GARLIC OIL: 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp crushed garlic, ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes, ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to170 degrees.
- In small bowl, mix together 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, chilli flakes and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together 100g Better Being Blend mix, flour, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl. Add sparkling water, 2 tbsp olive oil and maple syrup. Mix until just blended.
- Pour dough into center of baking sheet. Using floured fingers smooth out dough, poking indents into dough while stretching the dough into a circle shape, around 1cm thick. Spread garlic oil over top of dough with pastry brush.
- Bake dough 20 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pan after 10 minutes of baking.
- Add you favourite pizza toppings and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve warm.
1 large mixing bowl, measuring spoons, baking tray, baking paper, rolling pin, knife, fork
2 tbsp melted butter, 2 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp maple syrup , ½ - 1 cup water, sea salt for topping
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the olive oil, melted butter and maple syrup.
- Add 200g Better Being Blend and ½ cup of water.
- Stir until the dough is thick and comes together into a ball.
- If the dough is dry and crumbly, you will need to add more water, but just add a little bit at a time, don’t over do it.
- Place the ball of dough between two pieces of baking paper and using a rolling pin, roll until very thin, about 1/4cm thick. Try to keep the dough the same thickness, even at the edges, to avoid burning.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper from the dough. Keep the dough on the bottom piece of parchment paper and move onto a baking tray.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the dough into 2x2cm squares, but do not separate. Indent each cracker with a fork to assist even baking.
- Sprinkle a little water on the dough, and smooth over the squares with your fingers. Sprinkle sea salt or seasoned salt on top of the squares.
- Bake in oven until crisp, about 15-20 minutes. Rotate baking tray after ten minutes. Remove from oven. Enjoy
INGREDIENTS: Gluten Free Flour [Maize Starch, Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Rice Bran, Guar Gum], Pumpkin Powder (19.0%), Almond Meal, Coconut, Hemp Seed Fines (9.6%) Psyllium Husk, Herbs (2.0%)[Dried Thyme, Dried Rosemary], Himalayan Salt
ALLERGEN ADVICE CONTAINS: Tree Nuts (Almonds)
Handmade in a facility that processes peanuts, sesame, milk derived products and other tree nuts. Consume with care
Due to seasonal variances of the natural ingredients used, texture, taste and appearance may vary throughout the year.
HANDMADE + HAND-PACKAGED
PRICES EXCL G.S.T