We don’t want to sound too corny, but nothing warms our bellies like that spice kick you get from a Mexican style dish, especially when it’s equally cheesy too!
The mixture of organic corn flour, nutritional yeast, Australian Hemp and smoked paprika will add a soul-satisfying ‘smoked’ flavour to your favourite home cooked meals. We’re talking meals like; nachos, pasta bakes, burger patties, crumbed proteins, falafels + more.
Our SMOKED CORN & HEMP do it yourself bake mix will easily transform any simple dish into a crowd-pleasing favourite.
GST Free product
FALAFELS / BURGER PATTIES
Food processor, colander, measuring spoons, knife, chopping board, baking tray, baking paper
100g Better Being Blend, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp minced garlic, ½ red onion (finely diced), 1 cup fresh coriander (chopped), ½ tsp ground cumin, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1(400g) tin chickpeas (rinsed, drained and dried), olive oil, salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Place onion, coriander, garlic, baking powder, cumin and Better Being Blend into the bowl of your food processor and blend until everything is well combined. Transfer herb mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add chickpeas into the food processor and pulse until chickpeas form a minced consistency (do not puree), scrape down sides if needed.
- Add the chickpeas to the herb mixture and stir to combine well.
- Form patties (12 small for falafels / 4 large for burger patties), place on a greased baking sheet and flatten slightly to a desired thickness.
- Brush patties with a little bit of olive oil and season with salt
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden
- Serve with pita bread or build your own veggie burger
CORN BREAD MUFFINS
1 large and small mixing bowl, 6-hole muffin tray, whisk, measuring cups and spoons, spatula
200g Better Being Blend, 2 tsp baking powder,1 tsp Bicarb soda, 1 tbsp white vinegar, ½ cup plant based milk, ¼ cup maple syrup, 50g butter (melted), 1 egg (whisked)
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- In a small mixing bowl combine milk and vinegar, allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow the milk to curdle.
- Meanwhile, whisk the Better Being Blend, baking powder and baking soda together in a large bowl, making sure there are no clumps.
- Add maple syrup, butter and egg to the milk mixture and whisk together until smooth.
- Whisk wet mixture into dry mixture until smooth.
- Pour mix evenly into prepare muffin holes and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in tray for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack, best served warm.
INGREDIENTS: *Organic Fine Corn Flour (33.0%), Gluten Free Flour [Maize Starch, Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Rice Bran, Guar Gum], Almond Meal, Coconut, Hemp Seed Fines (6.6%), Smoked Paprika (3.3%), Psyllium Husk, Himalayan Salt, Nutritional Yeast
ALLERGEN ADVICE CONTAINS: Tree Nuts (Almonds)
Handmade in a facility that processes peanuts, sesame, milk derived products and other tree nuts. Organic Corn Flour is manufactured in facilities that also process soy and gluten. May contain soy and gluten. Consume with care
Due to seasonal variances of the natural ingredients used, texture, taste and appearance may vary throughout the year.
HANDMADE + HAND-PACKAGED
PRICES EXCL G.S.T