gluten free | grain free | high protein
Autumn apples, stuffed with sweet and creamy coconut goodness then baked until golden. Using our Apple Cinnamon Super Bar. The aroma in our kitchen is to die for.
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 60 Minutes
YOU WILL NEED:
4 small baking dishes
Lined baking tray
Food processor / Nutri bullet
Measuring spoons and cups
4 medium apples (we used Kanzi)
1 cup shredded coconut
½ cup oats
1 tbsp. coconut sugar
2 tbsp liquid coconut oil
1 heaped tbsp rice malt syrup
1 Sneaky Wholefoods Apple Cinnamon Super Bar
100 ml Water
Extras: 1 tsp coconut oil and rice malt syrup
Oats: Buckwheat Flour
Rice Malt Syrup: Maple or Agave
1. Pre-heat oven to 140 degrees and fill each baking dishes with 25ml water and place on a lined baking tray.
2. Slice tops of apples off and using a melon baller scoop out core and any seeds, place on top of baking dishes. Set aside.
3. Place shredded coconut, oats, coconut sugar, coconut oil and rice malt syrup into processor and blend until it forms a bread crumb like appearance.
4. Cut the Apple Cinnamon Super Bar into 10 even pieces.
5. Spoon 3 tbsp of the coconut mixture into the center of each apple, press the mixture down firmly. Top with 2 pieces of the Apple Cinnamon Super Bar and then use any remaining mixture to crumble on top.
6. Place the tops of the apples on top along with an extra piece of the Apple Cinnamon Super Bar and drizzle with extra coconut oil and rice malt syrup.
7. Bake in oven for 60 minutes (rotating tray every 15 minutes) or until apples are soften and crumble is golden.
8. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve with your favourite side – ours is coconut ice-cream