I’m one of those people who won’t eat a banana, the texture is so off putting... but put them into a loaf of bread and I'll eat plenty.
Years ago when working in local cafes and restaurants banana bread was a hit during the breakfast rush, especially for people on the go.
I recall making dozens of loafs each day to just keep up with the demand. The aroma's that would fill the kitchen air created a sense of magic that you would want around forever.
So when recreating my original Gluten Free Banana Bread recipe using our Better Being Blends by Steph McDonald, I had to share it.
Eat a slice as a breakfast on the go, a snack or even a sneaky dessert topped with ice-cream. I'm sure you will love it.
MAKES 10-12 Slices
YOU WILL NEED:
1 Mixing Bowl (Large)
Fork or Potato Masher
Measuring Spoons and Cups
Loaf Tin 10 cm wide x 26 cm long
3 Banana's - mashed
1/2 cup Yoghurt - I used Vanilla Yo Pro
1 tbsp. vanilla essence
1/2 cup Powdered Sweetener
1/2 cup - Oil - I used Coconut Oil, but Olive Oil will do the trick also
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 3/4 cup Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
1 Banana - Sliced
50g Carrot Pineapple Spice Better Being Blend
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C - fan forced.
2. Combine smashed banana, eggs, oil, sweetener, vanilla and yoghurt in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
3. In another bowl combine flour and baking powder and pour through a sieve into wet ingredients.
4. Add in the Better Being Blend and mix well.
5. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes, meanwhile lightly oil and line one loaf tin.
6. Spoon batter into the tin and top with slices of banana and Better Being Blend and bake for 1 hour - 1 1/2 hours (a skewer inserted into the centre should come out dry).
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before turning out the loaf.
8. Slice loaf and smother with lashing of Nuttelex or Butter.
9. Keep remaining slices...if any, in the fridge covered for up to 1 week or freeze.
Cover the top with foil if over-browning during baking.