Carrot Cheesecake Cake Cookies – All the flavors of carrot cake and cheesecake rolled into a bunch of tasty cookies! They've got the crunch factor you look for in a cookie, yet also the inner softness we all drool over.
These cookies take on all the flavours of carrot cake with the help of our Carrot Pineapple Spice Better Being Blend by Steph McDonald. These cookies are then sandwiched together with a generous filling of cream cheese so they can be eaten with one hand, no fork or plate needed here.
These cookies will have all your friends coming back for more.
Makes: 18 cookies - 9 sandwiched cookies
You will need: Electric beaters / mixer, measuring spoons and cups, lined baking tray, mixing bowls
Ingredients for the cookies:
1/2 cup Nuttelex softened
1/4 cup Rice Malt Syrup
1/4 cup powdered sweetener
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 gluten free plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup rice flakes
1 cup Carrot Pineapple Spice Better Being Blend
2/3 cup finely grated carrot (excess juice removed)
Ingredients for the cream cheese filling:
250g cream cheese softened
4 tablespoons Nuttelex
1/2 cups powdered sweetener
Juice and zest from 1 whole lime
Method for the cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat butter, rice malt syrup and powdered sweetener for 1-2 minutes until light and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine, scraping the bowl when necessary.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low until just combined.
4. Fold through rice flakes, grated carrot and the Better Being Blend mixture and fold until just combined.
5. Place the dough in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to harden.
6. Scoop the dough evenly into 1 heap tablespoon(we weighed our cookies into 30g each) sized balls and place a couple inches apart on the baking trays (9 per tray) cookie sheets and slightly flatten.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and still slightly soft in the center. Rotate your cookie sheets halfway through the baking time to ensure even baking.
8. Cool the cookies completely on the baking sheets.
Method for the cream cheese filling:
1. In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese and Nuttelex for several minutes, until combined.
2. Add powdered sweetener, lime juice and zest vanilla extract and beat for a couple more minutes until smooth and creamy.
3. Spread frosting on one cookie and top with another cookie.
These cookies are best eaten within 1-2 days of making them when stored in the refrigerator. Alternatively they can be eaten on their own.
TIP 1: Ensure that the cookies will be similar in size since the cookies will be sandwiched.
TIP 2: Pull the cookies from the oven when the center is just slightly underdone – this will ensure your cookies will have a soft center.