This is my go-to banana bread recipe that I’ve made a few variations of in the past, but I think this version would have to be a clear favourite so far because the combination of flavours is just perfect.
A few things to note:
🖤 The Blend is irreplaceable in this recipe
🖤 You could swap blueberries for raspberries, or even choc chips.
🖤 I have tested this recipe with a vegan egg replacer and it still works!
🖤You can also use a non-dairy yoghurt, just make sure it’s chilled/firm and thick-style.
150g ripe banana, mashed
1 large egg, whisked
120ml liquid egg whites (or 2 extra eggs)
50g vanilla pea protein OR almond meal.
50 ground oats or flour of choice
100g plain or vanilla Greek yoghurt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. To a large bowl, add mashed banana, pea protein, Blend, ground oats, baking soda, baking powder. Stir to combine.
3. Pour in the yoghurt and egg/egg whites, and fold thoroughly to combine
4. Fold through blueberries gently.
5. Pour batter into a lined loaf, and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
6. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 12 pieces